On May 12, 2011, at 5:47 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 5/12/11 4:12 AM, Jer Noble wrote:
>> - Add a new boolean Element property "canRequestFullScreen".  This would map
>> to Firefox's "Never" permission choice.
>> - Add the "fullscreendenied" event.  This would map to Firefox's "Not now"
>> permission choice.
>
> So if the user just dismisses the notification without picking any of the
> choices then "fullscreendenied" would fire in this proposal?

I'm not trying to tell Firefox how to write their UI.  And I would never
suggest requiring this behavior in a spec.  But, for the purposes of exploring
this proposal, yes.

> What happens if the user then reopens the notification and selects "Allow"?

Assuming the targetted element still exists, and that the page hasn't issued a
cancelFullScreen() request (or perhaps either of those conditions would cause
the notification to disappear?) then the page enters full-screen mode and
generates a "fullscreenchange" event.

Yeah, it's somewhat weird to get a "fullscreenchange" event after a
"fullscreendenial".  But the spec already specifies that "The user agent may
transition a Document into or out of the full-screen state at any time, whether
or not script has requested it".  So the devoloper must already expect
un-requested "fullscreenchange" events.

-Jer

 Jer Noble <jer.no...@apple.com>