On 5/25/11 8:05 PM, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
What do you mean by "execution" here?  If the script is already
compiled, and you write it so that all it does is define a function,
then executing it should not take any measurable amount of time
(<1ms).  Currently this might not be observable, since if I understand
correctly, browsers don't separate compilation from execution.

For what it's worth, if someone can point me to a script they actually want such measurements for, I'd be happy to produce at least Gecko numbers for how long the various parts take. While the different parts of the pipeline are not separable from the point of view of a web page right now, Gecko internals and profilers have no such limitations.

That's assuming people actually want numbers here.

-Boris