On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <tyosh...@google.com> wrote:
> "process response body" in the XHR spec is only handling errors and firing a
> readystatechange event and ProgressEvents. "response" in the XHR spec [1] is
> set to the argument "response" of "process response" hook. I think this
> "set" means making "response" [1] point to the "response" in the Fetch spec
> [2]. As newly received data is pushed by the HTTP fetch in the Fetch spec
> side, it'll be available for read from response's body in the XHR spec side.
> This doesn't require "process response body" invocation. That's my
> understanding.
>
> In the fetch() method spec [3], fetch [4] is called with "process response
> body" of no-op. This also means (implies) that "process response body" is
> not needed for response's body to get populated, I think.
>
> [1] http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#response
> [2] http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#fetching
> [3] http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-global-fetch
> [4] http://fetch.spec.whatwg.org/#concept-fetch

Yeah, this is correct, although maybe not what we want.

Originally it said every 50ms or for every byte received, whichever is
least frequent. Now we acknowledge traffic happens in chunks, perhaps
we should make it every 50ms or for each push, whichever is most
frequent.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/