Hi,

Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> Have a look at Strings#escapeMarkup(String, boolean, boolean)
 >
> The  last argument  is called  convertToHtmlUnicodeEscapes and  by
> reading the Javadoc I think it does what you want.
>
> But now,  that doesn't mean you  can use it from  the Component or
> FormComponent class.   We need to  find an acceptable  solution to
> expose this feature to the Component level.  What do you propose?

I have found this method and discovered that it is not used within
component.
But I can't propose anything because I am a newbie to Wicket ;).

> Just curious, why  do you want to escape  those characters?  Don't
> you  have your  page encoding  correctly set?   It should  display
> correctly, I for  one wouldn't need to  escape accented characters
> in the first place.

Well, I can do this. But I don't have much faith in the combination of
HTML, "modern" browsers and special characters.
Escaping the umlauts is seemed to be the easiest (and effective) way
avoiding problems. But if it is not possible to easily escape them with
wicket I will try it.

Cheers,

Johannes Schneider