Not really. If the executables are used, the path of the compilers, which are usually set by you in .bashrc, for Linux environment should not be needed. Therefore, they are not detected. Regarding the libraries, it depends on whether the executables were built by the compiler statically or dynamically. I don't remember, but I believe the package with the executables was built statically. If the executables were built statically, the libraries do not have to be detected as they are built directly into the executables [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_build ]. If the executables were built dynamically, the Linux environment usually detects the Linux libraries automatically as long as the packages for the libraries are installed, but the path for the Fortran libraries usually has to be set manually (in .bashrc). If the libraries are not installed or it cannot find the libraries in the PATH, you can get errors like "error while loading shared libraries" [ http://www.mail-archive.com/wien%40zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg11434.html ].

Of note, the Intel link advisor [ https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor ] can generate a set of compiler settings for a static or dynamic build by selecting the corresponding item in the drop-down list for "Select dynamic or static linking".