-------- 原始邮件 --------
发件人: Peter Blaha <peter.bl...@tuwien.ac.at>
日期: 2024年3月28日周四 下午2:49
收件人: wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
主 题: Re: [Wien] Question in optimizing the position of a ferromagnetic
material
First of all:

I hope you have done KFe2As2 bulk first.
Since it contains Fe, it could be that it is magnetic (FM or AFM ? check
literature) and one should use   runsp
Check out if a magnetic moment persists, this answers your question if
you should use run or runsp

Why do you initialize with   RKMAX=9.5 ??? This is not necessary but
slows down the calculations by a factor of up to 100 !!!

Use:   init -prec 1 (for a reasonable accuracy) or 2 (for very good
convergence, which I would use only at the very end once the surface is
fully relaxed)

For a magnetic surface it is not unusually that the scf needs many
cycles (depending on your case even 100 or so), and the minimization may
take several hundreds of cycles (therefore one does it with low RKMAX
and fewer k-points).