Everything is fine.
It is the default behavior of wien2k, that during running a dummy error message is printed. When the step completes, the error file gets zero size.

Suppose, the jobstep is killed by the OS (eg. out of memory,..) or by the user, then the starting shell script (run_lapw) can find out if the step crashed (or was killed) or finished properly.