On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
>
> The Italian Wikipedia is the first project where people who use search will
> find results added from Wikidata. As you may know, Wikidata knows has more
> items with a label in a language than a Wikipedia has articles. With the
> Wikidata based functionality people will gain several functionalities that
> are new to them
>
>    - a link to Commons categories for a subject
>    - a link to Wikipedia articles in other languages
>    - a link to the Wikidata item
>    - visualisation care of the "Reasonator"
>
> When there are multiple items found in the search request, disambiguation
> will be provided based on the statements available on the items. Obviously
> as more labels are available in a language for statements, the experience
> will improve.
>
> This is a really exciting new development and I want to thank Magnus and
> Nemo for making it possible. I hope and expect that many Wikipedias will
> follow the example of the Italian Wikipedia. Particularly the smaller
> Wikipedias have much to gain from this new functionality.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

Yay for more cross-project integration. <3 itwp for giving this a try.
Thanks to Magnus, Gerard and anyone else involved. I'd love to hear
feedback and suggestions for improvements from itwp.

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.