Hey everyone!

We deployed a bunch of new code to test.wikidata.org for you to test.

Based on your feedback for the initial version of quantities I have
decided to not release them to wikidata.org next week. We have been
working on a good part of the feedback and most fixes are now also
live on test.wikidata.org. This means quantities are now scheduled to
come to Wikidata in the middle of January. I'm sorry for the delay but
your feedback was very valuable.

In addition to that we have rolled out a new batch of features to
test.wikidata.org for you to test and give feedback on.
The first one is ordering. You can now change the order of statements
and statement groups. There are still a few usability issues with it
that we need to solve but I want to get this out to you now.
The second one is ranks. Ranks are there to indicate one or more
statements are preferred or deprecated. This is especially useful for
things like indicating that someone was the major of a city many years
ago.
The third one is a table of contents that was developed by Bene*. This
should come in handy especially on large items.
The forth one is that the data type of a property is now also added to
the JSON and API output.
And last but not least we've worked on improving performance so things
run a bit faster for you.

These should go live on wikidata.org on Tuesday next week. So how's
that for a Christmas present, people? ;-)

Cheers
Lydia

Product Manager for Wikidata

Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.