2013/12/7 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>

> Or maybe use openlibrary.org as a staging area for such data and fetch it
> from there? I'm not sure Wikidata should "compete" with openlibrary, it's a
> huge work and they already have an infrastructure for it;
> Wikidata/Wikimedia could "just" let the users easily import the data when
> it's needed. An obvious example is pre-filling of book/work metadata on
> Wikipedia articles, Wikisource books, Commons files (and associated
> Wikidata entries).
>
> Nemo

It's a good idea to search cooperation with projects which shares the same
goals as Mediawikis projects, and we probably would gain a lot to seek for
integration with them.
other p
What is one of the big driving force of Wikidata is the community, which
does a terrific wotk into cleaning the data and by interlinking
identifiers. One if the big future work on Wikidata is about
bibliographical datas, as Wikipedias and other projects are a huge consumer
of such datas and other Wikimedia projects, including Wikidata itself which
is not the smallest one.

That's why I think we must do a lot more with such datas than just
importing them from openlibrary, as they are really important to Mediawiki
in general, and that the community as a whole is a powerful drinving force
for Bibliographical datas. I'm not against cooperating with openlibrary,
but we should seek deep cooperation and integration with them so both
projects can benefits from each others community.