On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 7:07 PM, Thad Guidry <thadgui...@gmail.com> wrote:>

> I think you mean that the display itself for instance on this page:
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q42
> would be more useful if all Identifiers were pushed down to the bottom half
> or different section,
> for instance, and keeping descriptor properties on the upper half ?
> (instead of the current mixing of both within the div.wikibase-listview ?

Yes. I could see a simple "Statements" vs. "External identifiers"
distinction being useful that's also reflected in the data model so
it's easier to treat these property groups in a distinct manner.
External identifiers seem as fundamentally different to me from
Wikidata-internal and Wikimedia-related properties as external links
in a Wikipedia article are from the main content. They (in the common
cases) don't tell me anything other than "There's more information
about $foo in $bar".

Whether I'm a human or a friendly machine, I might want to just look
at one set of properties or another, depending on what I'm doing, so
having them grouped in some fashion may be beneficial for both user
groups.

Erik