On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Carcharoth
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> While we are on the Foundation and legal stuff, can someone tell me whether
> as a US-based 501(c)(3) organization there is any legal requirement for
> Wikipedia, as a website, to meet certain minimum accessibility requirements?

None as a result of being a 501(c)(3).  (If Wikimedia were a
government agency OTOH...)

Never the less, it's obviously desirable to be as accessible as
possible:  I can't think of any reason why any material accessibility
problems wouldn't be given a fairly high priority. Not only is
accessibility good on its own merits but accessible development
usually supports other things we consider good (such as broad client
compatibility and machine readability).