"David Gerard" <dger...@gmail.com> quoted
news:fbad4e140906151058wc6f789dxaedcbfde40e78...@mail.gmail.com , citing
> 2009/6/15 Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com>:
>
>> And then I ask what sparked other people's interests in Wikipedia, and
>> a really long thread results.

I was reading the Oxford Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, and [[prion]] came
up, defined as a great mystery. I thot I understood it. I still think it is
pesticide poisoning if it is not heavy metal poisoning. To my surprise, the
topic was not in the wiki article. At first I did not bother getting an ID,
because I thot that once the work of Brown, Purdey (and others!) took hold
on some minds, it would become dominant theory, because it does not contrast
with prevailing doctrine that life demands [[DNA]] to reproduce. When I went
to the wiki article and put in a narrative with attitude, someone almost
immediately put a POV tag into it, then toned down my text. Then I did some
of what I do best and made it easier to read. Then I went meticulously
through the entire talk page, adding headings where there was a change in
topic -- and tried to answer everything. Much later, perhaps in 2008, I
began a "Make your headings blue" crusade, which goes against a style
guideline based on an undocumented browser bug (one that probably does not
exist, and certainly *should* not exist), and that was the first time I got
any direct feedback regarding my [[prion]] activities.

Two reasons are to make a heading that is a link, in my book:
1. The section is only started, perhaps with nothing but references.
2. The section started talking about something that does exist as though it
was something that does not,
so I deleted the section's text and made the heading into a link.
_______
Line from Darth Vader in Star Wars to sanitize: (Exhale, Inhale) "Luke, you
are my bastard!".