Carcharoth wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 1:36 AM, <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> You silly goose.  Don't you realize that when we all have brain implants
>> that retain a quintabyte that the internet won't exist at all.  We'll be in
>> constant streaming twitter mode all the time.  There won't be "articles" per
>> se, and you won't get input from a single page, you'll get continuous input
>> from a million sources simultaneously in twitt-bits.
>>

> <look of abject horror>
>
> I wouldn't be so horrified if that didn't sound so plausible.
>
> Is it too late to try the 'Culture' route? (Iain M. Banks)

Banks' is the "utopian version". The dystopian/nihilist version is the
"One True" multiverse of John Barnes. I really hate the fact that the
author I love above all others wrote such a disgusting, horrifying, and
inescapably compelling vision of the future.

And yes, I know that 'Culture' is only utopian if you ignore the fnords.

Abject apologies for contributing to the worrisome trend of this
channel to descend to non-wikipedia related non sequiturs, but
there are times when one simply has to let ones pop cult. erudition get the
better of oneself. <wide smirk>

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen