Jake Wartenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> There have been a few of these. IMHO, the best website to discuss
>> similar issues is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Village_Pump
>>
>> Steve
>>

> There is something to be said for off wiki discussion.  Why do you think
> these mailing lists get so much traffic?  People can start discussions in a
> less formal setting before they take them to the pump.  It should also be a
> place where members of the community can discuss things that are not
> Wikipedia related.
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Charles Matthews <
> charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>

>> Could you describe briefly what the editorial policy of this forum will be?
>>
>> Charles
>>

> I can.  I want to promote a relaxed atmosphere without allowing outing or
> trolling.  It should be a place where editors can chatter idly and
> brainstorm new ideas.  I hope that gives you an idea of what I am going for
> here.

Sort of. It is quite important to realise, though, that the "community"
has no definite boundaries. An unofficial forum is typically seen as a
place where Wikipedians and their critics meet on something like equal
terms. You are obviously aware of some of the issues that arise, or have
arisen in the past, with criticism that goes way past anything that
could be reckoned constructive.

Charles