Bod Notbod wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:38 PM, David Goodman <dgoodma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Since we have no really universally agreed  vision of what the encyclopedia
>> should be, almost any decision is the result of compromise [...] Personally,
>> think that's the worst way to find a solution.
>>

> I hope I'm snipping in such a way as to not change your argument
> there, I have no doubt I'll be told if not.
>
> What is the *best* way to find a solution then?

Solutions take the form of "complicate the flowchart". Add preliminary
steps before any deletion, review steps after deletions, and so on. The
problem is ... many people active on the site don't have too clear a
view of what the current "flowchart" is - or in other words current best
practice isn't always followed, and therefore tweaking it doesn't have
as much traction as it should. But I do recommend trying to get the
overview of what the processes look like, certainly over reading the
fine print in [[WP:N]].

Charles