Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
> The Wikipedia community
> painted itself into a corner, and it's entirely unclear to me if it
> can find the exits, the paths to fix it.
As this discussion illustrates rather well, the argument "if you want to
fix A, you'd have to start by fixing B (my pet gripe) first" is
routinely deployed, making for an infinite regress in some cases, and in
others the generation of suggestions that are rather clearly
counterproductive for fixing A, whatever they may do for B. In the real
world, if you want people to do thankless and time-consuming tasks for
you for no money, and much criticism, you have to rely on something more
than "be sure that you'll be told if we don't like you and what you do".

Charles