Perhaps it's more of a misunderstanding that this is still a wiki above
anything else - in particular, those understandings that literally
anyone else you write, and you can edit anything anybody else writes.

I believe those who have a good understanding of those two fundamental
wiki concepts tend to do better in a wiki environment (not just
Wikipedia) than most others who do not.

But this is coming from a person who specializes in building up
already-existing articles over trying to create brand new articles from
scratch.

-MuZemike