i see the role of an elected leadership as a supplement to the
consensus process not a replacement. Basically they should usually be
there to advise us but when deadlocks happen they would have the
authority to decide whether or not a minority arguement is strong
enough to block consensus - in any event a majority is always going to
be the minimum to go forward with any change and a minority will still
be able to block a short sighted change - at least long enough that
they can be heard out and usually much longer. The difference is that
the minority would no longer have what amounts to a guaranteed veto
over any change - they would have to convince the community and/or the
council why sometimig should be blocked. That gives a small minority
the voice needed to steer us away from huge mistakes and to amend
proposals through discussion and compromise but the days of a small
cabal being able to hold the status quo without reasoned argument
would be over. Consensus still wins.