On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Brian J Mingus
<brian.min...@colorado.edu> wrote:
> George,
>
> Can you please address a couple of points that I believe have been brought
> up in this thread. You may want to read the previous emails that more
> clearly elucidated the points first, or not. They are as follows:
>
> 1) This term deserves a Wiktionary entry at best, not a Wikipedia entry.
>
> 2) Wikipedia is being used as a platform to damage Santorum.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

I don't agree with either statement.

The event (Savage coming up with the term, the effects on Santorum) is
notable.  It's covered in reliable sources.  The word itself would be
a Wiktionary entry, but the incident overall is Wikipedia.

We're reporting on the damage to Santorum, not causing it.  Our
reporting is not making it better, but neither is it making it worse.
The damage was done by Savage and others and was widespread long
before the article here.

We do not censor topics that are damaging to individuals just because
they are damaging.  They have to be notable and covered in a NPOV way
for us to cover them, but this passes both tests.

--
-george william herbert
george.herb...@gmail.com