On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, David Gerard wrote:
"The policy doesn't work" doesn't mean that all BLPs are bad, it just means
that they are *as* bad as they would have been without the policy.  The
cases you refer to as it "working" are cases where other policies work and
these polices provide no extra benefit.
You are ludicrously overstating the case.

I'm not claiming the entire BLP policy provides no benefit.  I'm claiming
that clauses which basically say "do what you're supposed to be doing all the
time anyway, but we really mean it here" bring no benefit.