On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Fred Bauder <fredb...@fairpoint.net> wrote:

> I would prefer we limit content to encyclopedic content. Obviously
> aggregating news, especially about individuals, is incompatible with that
> purpose.

Large amounts of Wikipedia articles on recent topics are nothing more
than aggregating from news sources. There is a spectrum between that
and summarising from secondary sources that have had time to assess,
review, and come to a reasoned conclusion about a topic area. But too
much is at the 'news' and 'current affairs' end of the spectrum. It
*is* a problem, and it always has been.

I wonder, how much of the early editing (first 2-3 years), was on news
topics? How much was on historical topics? ANd has that changed over
time?

Carcharoth