On 7/3/12, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 July 2012 13:11, Fred Bauder <fredb...@fairpoint.net> wrote:
>
>> I suppose there is some obscure section of OTRS that does that already.
>> Not that even someone who has OTRS access could find the stovepipe.
>
> I thought there was a boilerplate response on content issues (other
> than legal or BLP) that said "so fix it".

That is encountered on-wiki as well. As I said in the on-wiki
discussion, when looking things up on Wikipedia, I notice more things
that could be corrected than I have time to deal with, but (sometimes)
have enough time to jot a note down. Maybe something like twitter?
Notes of less than 140 characters, with pointers towards possible work
to do on an article?

Sometimes I get round to it later myself, one example was:

"Paul Fischer: Add Paul Henri Fischer to dab page."

A note I left for myself on 13/01/2012 while looking up something on
this person, which led to this edit four days later (when I found time
to get back to this):

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Paul_Fischer&diff=471800198&oldid=387201005

Admittedly, that is an example where it is quicker to do the edit than
make a note about it. But there are other examples where a note can be
jotted down to be looked at later at leisure. Are there public notepad
facilities available? I suppose I could just continue jotting notes
down, dealing with simple stuff myself (per sofixit), and transferring
notes on more complicated stuff to a page in my userspace to ask
others about.

Carcharoth