WikiMedia Australia are proposing to organise WikiConference Australia 2015,
to be held on 1-5 October 2015 in Brisbane

Please read about our plans here:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiConference_Australia_2015

and give us your feedback, either on the Discussion page there or by email
to the committee (c...@wikimedia.org.au) if the matter is confidential.

I must stress that this event is in the earliest stages of planning and we
will require a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation to make it a reality. We
intend to apply for a grant very shortly so we welcome your input as soon as
possible so the proposal we put forward can be as strong as possible.
Obviously we will do everything we can to make the event affordable for
everyone to attend both in terms of registration and assistance towards
travel expenses (hence the importance of the grant and other partner
support). We are in negotiation with our long-time partner State Library of
Queensland about using their venues and working with them makes a lot of
sense as part of the event will include a sort-of follow up to GLAM-WIKI in
2009.

Questions? Ask away. We will do our best to answer them!

Kerry