Dear all

I tried to translate our bylaws but gave up because it's very difficult. Then I had the idea to get the English version of the German Wikimedia bylaws since these are widely identical to ours. Then I found out that the German Wikimedia bylaws only partially exist in English:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Deutschland/Satzung/English

the same seems to be with the French Wikimedia chapter. The next question is: Why does the swiss chapter have to translate its bylaws?

Then I thought that bylaws must be approved before a new chapter can be founded. But

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Local_chapter_FAQ

says: "Once your chapter is operational, a contract regarding your chapter's logo and trademark use might be made."

This means we're not in a hurry about getting the bylaws approved since we are not an operational chapter right now.

If we really need to translate the bylaws it would make sense to work together with the German chapter.

Regards

Robin