Jürg Wolf schrieb:
What needs a german lawyer in a legal case in Switzerland? We even must be
prepared of 26 different law details across CH so a germal lawyer is absolutely
useless.... (badly)

fack

The risk carries on the holder of the domain. But what courts say to foreign
domain holders of .ch domains - I don't know. If it would fit and it is a
optimization of risk - the domain should be held by wikimedia foundation in the
US.

Not only the risk, also the power is given to the possessor of the domain. Therefore I'd rather support to be the owner of domains concerning us.

Second thing is that our Federal Court is known to be rather Open Source friendly. Remember the case of the picture of Christoph Meili where they decided that a picture that was arranged for a quarter of an hour did not fall under copyright. Remember we do not have software patents too.

What do you think about an own WP server in Switzerland? Looking at the legal cases like the one in Germany it might be useful to distribute knowledge as broadly as possible to minimize political, legal and technical risks.

Best regards

Robin