Hello,
as our Wikipedia Day will be in less than 3 months and as the
foundation of Wikimedia CH might be a bit delayed still (ChapCom +
board -> it might still pass some time until a definitive vote), I
think we should definitely start the planning now.
However I think, that we cannot do all the planning only on this
mailinglist. Why?
1. Not everybody who might be interested in Wikipedia Day is also
interested in Wikimedia CH and not everybody here on this ml is
interested in organizing the Wikipedia Day.
2. If we start thinking about sponsors, public archiving of that is
maybe not so good: Imagine the following think (okay, you really have
to imagine...): Somebody proposes on this list "Let's ask Company XY
to sponsor the day [because I know somebody there/ because they have
sponsored similar events etc.]. Now somebody posts a reply "No, please
not company XY, they are bad/they have done this and this which was
bad/there CEO is a nasty guy etc.". Now if they find this in the
archive (and as we saw in two cases, people [and probably also
companies] do google for themselves and find them here), we can forget
them as partners. Or a more realistic scenario: They simply won't like
negotiations being archived in public.
3. We don't have a lot of time. If every tiny bit and decision will
first be discussed here for weeks, we will not come through until next
year...
Therefore my proposal:
We could create some teams [which could later be task groups =
Arbeitsgruppen of Wikimedia CH] that deal with particular things and
have a few members (say, 5 or so) and work via private email (you can
send a mail to 5 people...). When they have reached a decision/solved
a problem, they can still report to mailinglist at the end.
Proposed teams: (just jotted down, feel free to add and change):

==Core team== (or: coordination team/lead team/whatever)
This would be the kind of organizing committee as known. They have the
overview over the whole situation, are the ones who'd also finally
sign contracts if necessary with partners, look that the budget is not
exceeded, and so on.

==PR and Media team==
quite an important team:
a) contact to Media, sending invitations to press etc., making press
releases, etc.
b) organising the advertising for the Wikipedia Day (in on-and offline
agendas, newspapers, maybe create flyers and leaflets etc.
c) looking for some kind of Internet site, if possible and time is
there, either we start with www.wikimedia.ch already or we'd use
www.wikipediaday.ch or whatever.

==Technical team==
they do the technical stuff: If we have an internet website/a section
on wikimedia.ch, they do the technical bits around it, i.e. put the
things, PR and Media team wrote on the internet etc.
further, they look, that everything is fine technically at the day
itself, so they have to make sure, that beamers and pcs at ETH are
working and they would help with the technical stuff at the event
itself

==Location team==
They are responsible for the location itself (connections to technical
team), i.e. they decide whether we should have food/catering/snaks
there, they look, that something to drink is available, they make
sure, that we have really an information desk then, that we have a
place, where speakers could prepare themselves, they look that the
chairs etc. are organised nicely and so on

==Partners team==
We have not really discussed this yet, but I think, we might still
consider finding some sponsors (could be IT companies, but also, if
you like better, governmental support or other
foundations/associations/"Stiftungen" that would support us.) Because
remember, if we want to have some nice flyers/leaflets and so on, and
if we want catering, we might reach a point, where we'd quite like
some money... BTW: I recently read at Chapters FAQ on Metawiki that
Wikimedia Foundation on request also sometimes provides chapters with
some "start-up budget", so they could also look at this with Delphine
etc.
And, if we decide to go to a company and ask for money, this team
would do the negotiations.

==Maybe Budget team==
If we really get a lot of money (hm...), there might be a need for a
finance and budget team. But that's not so sure yet..

I've also thrown this proposal at
http://ch.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events/Wikipedia_Day_2006/Teams

Now, please comment. You can deny the need for every team listed
above, but I think you can't deny, that we need to get active now
somehow, and that we cannot sit here until in some weeks or months
Wikimedia CH will be formally created, because remember, even if we
have final placet of Board, we still need to find a date for a liitle
formal founding assembly etc., that will take time!

Michael
--
Regards
Michael Bimmler