Hi,
I reply you after some days, but I think it could be useful.

I know Wordpress and I'm approaching to Typo3. The problem is that
Wordpress is a blog factory whereas typo3 is a standard CMS.

This difference is considerable because a blogger has no workflow (or
smaller workflow) and a simple management of users. It's also
difficult to create domains with owners.

If you should manage different domains, different owners, different
users with complex rights or workflows (i.e. editing, approving,
publishing with editor, approver, etc.) more complex than a wiki or a
blog, Typo3 is a good choice.

In any case if you need some help to modiy PHP pages or to manage or
modify MySQL tables, I'm available.

Ilario