On 5/3/06, Frederic Schutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael Bimmler wrote:
>
> > um, all pages on ch.wikimedia.org are "semiprotected" inasmuch as you
> > have to be logged in to view any page...
>
> Semi-protection is more than this: an account must be old enough (don't
> remember the specifics, it is probably wiki-configurable) before you are
> allowed to modify a page that is semi-protected. This means that a
> vandal can not create an account and use it immediately to deface a face
> -- very handy, but we can re-protect the main page if needed when all
> the changes have been done.

I know. I simplified it too much. Well, anyway, the site is
semiprotected now, and so everything is fine. (BTW: As we are not
Wikipedia and we need not follow any formalistic procedures, if we
discover that somebody has registered an account and afterwards
vandalised with it, we can block it infinitely at once and ask him to
contact us by mail if he has a good reason why he should be unblocked.
Point final.)

> By the way, the bullet is still there in my view (I can get a screenshot
> if it helps)...

Uh. Damned. I didn't see it anymore. Anyway I'll have a look at it.
Michael
> Frederic

Regards
Michael Bimmler