Hi all,
  yes, the consensus was not to delete no-URAA files only on the basis of
US law. But there is an ongoing discussion about reverting this decision
apparently:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:WikiProject_Public_Domain/URAA_review#Starting_the_review
I recommend to participate, in order to fix a consensus.
A.
*Ruthven* on Wikipedia