2009/9/25 Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com>:
> Those descriptions will have to be edited by the same user base that
> edit all other pages. Even if they are power users, it's not easy to
> write correct XML on the wiki textarea. We would need to create an
> editor for the language being created so a template editor can be made.

Since the XML file describes the template, it need only be changed
when the template is changed. Realistically, newbie editors don't edit
templates; anyone skilled enough to edit templates can handle some
simple XML.

> I advocate for a simpler syntax for form definition (but we shouldn't on
> the way reinvent wikitext).

Exactly. XML is a decent choice here because it has a well-defined,
pre-existing grammar with parsers already available, which means it's
easy to parse and easy to learn (assuming you've got some shred of a
technical background; see my earlier point about newbies not editing
templates).

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)