On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Maciej Jaros <e...@wp.pl> wrote:
> So does this extensions encrypt JS files into being non-debugable? I
> could understand that on sites like Facebook but on an open or even Open
> site like Wikipedia/Mediawiki? This just seems to be wrong. Simple
> concatenation of files would serve the same purpose in terms of requests
> to the server.

At the very least, newlines should be preserved, so you can get a line
number when an error occurs.  Stripping other whitespace and comments
is probably actually be worth the performance gain, from what I've
heard, annoying though it may occasionally be.  Stripping newlines is
surely not worth the added debugging pain, on the other hand.
(Couldn't you even make up for it by stripping semicolons?)