On 09/07/2010 01:39 AM, Tim Starling wrote:
> I think it's ironic that this style arises in JavaScript, given that
> it's a high-level language and relatively easy to understand, and that
> you could make a technical case in favour of terseness. C has an
> equally effective minification technique known as compilation, and its
> practitioners tend to be terse to a fault. For instance, many Linux
> kernel modules have no comments at all, except for the license header.

I would quickly add that it would be best to promote JSDoc style
comments ( as I have slowly been doing for mwEmbed ). This way
eventually we could have ( Google Closure Compiler ) read these comments
to better optimize JavaScript compilation:

http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/docs/js-for-compiler.html

Also we can create pretty JSDoc style documentation for people that are
into that sort of thing.

--michael