On 01/21/2011 02:45 AM, Alex Brollo wrote:
> The interest of wikisource project for a formal and standardyzed set of book
> metadata (I presume from Dublin Core) into a database table  is obviuos.
> Some preliminary tests into it.source suggest that templates and Labeled
> Section Transclusion extension could have a role as "existing wikitext
> conteiners for semantized variables"; the latter perhaps more interesting
> than the former one, since their content can be accessed directly from any
> page
>
> I'd like that book metadata would be considered from the beginning of this
> interesting project.
>
> Alex

This quickly dove tails into Semantic MediaWiki discussion... which
there are other threads on this list to reference.  There is a wiki data
summit / meeting coming up, where these issues will likely be discussed.
Maybe we could start eliciting requirements and needs of projects like
what you describe for wikisource and others that have been listed
elsewhere on a pre-meeting project page, this way we can be sure to hit
on all these items during the meeting.

--michael