In terms of a db schema friendly to chunks, we would probably want
another table and associated it with a stashed file.

Russ was discussing adding support for appending files within the swft
object store application logic, so we may not have to be concerned with
storing chunk references in the db?

Another potential usage for a media stash is transcoding non-free
formats. Here we could use the media stash as temporary location to put
the media files while we transcode them. Once transcoded we could then
move them into the published space. But I would not be too worried about
incorporating that into the the DB schema until we get to implementation.

--michael