"Tim Starling" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r114354.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r114354:

* Removed the $method parameters from MWCryptRand. Apparently Dantman didn't
know about our awesome debug traceback functions like wfGetAllCallers(). The
weird optional-middle-parameter calling convention thankfully disappears as a
consequence.
* Reduced the amount of debug log noise slightly, removing a few redundant
messages.

Tim Starling's comment:

That information is still there. All the cases I removed were of the form

<pre>
wfDebug( "Going to get random data from foo\n" );
if ( $success ) {
   wfDebug( "Got random data from foo\n" );
} else {
   wfDebug( "Failed to get random data from foo\n" );
}
</pre>

Even without the first message, you can tell your data came from foo because
the second message says it.