On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Roan Kattouw <roan.katt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In SVN, SyntaxHighlight had an external for geshi/geshi.php and
> friends. This is gone in git, so out of the box I now get:
>
> Warning: require(geshi/geshi.php): failed to open stream: No such file
> or directory in
> /home/catrope/mediawiki/git/extensions/SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi/SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi.class.php
> on line 376
>
> I fixed this by copying the dir over from my SVN checkout, but this
> should be fixed properly somehow.

That's weird, Sam went ahead and copied GeSHi into the repo in
43764e3[0]. I haven't tested it personally--is it working on test2
and mw.org?

As far as "fixing it properly." I discussed this with Sam before he
copied it in and we decided it was easiest to just copy the version
in question and not muck about with submodules or externals
anymore. When we're ready to update to a new GeSHi release,
we'll just copy the new files in.

Lots of guides to submodules actually recommend this behavior
when a library is essential to running your code, since
submodules don't update on the first `git clone.`

-Chad

[0]
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki/extensions/SyntaxHighlight_GeSHi.git;a=commit;h=43764e342cb489ad523d40b8eb48acfe78d8ed71