Derric Atzrott wrote:
> I like the idea of class names for different things, and I don't think that
> it would unduly burden the editor.  As they are already using inline styles,
> I think that using classes shouldn't be an undue burden.  It is no harder to
> say class="someClass" than it is to say style="color: #123456", in fact, I
> would argue it is easier.

Well, kind of.

Ideally these classes would be wrapped in (centralized) MediaWiki templates.
MediaWiki templates support redirects, localization, and have built-in
tracking. CSS classes, on the other hand, cannot be easily renamed, don't
support redirects/aliases, and they have no built-in tracking (it requires
scanning XML dumps to find them).

So instead of class="someClass" or style="color:#CC0000;", it'd be nice to
have {{make this row red}} (which probably already exists somewhere).

MZMcBride