On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM, K. Peachey <p858sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Guillaume Paumier
> <gpaum...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> * Also, I've started to clean up the glossary, but it still contains
>> dated terms and definitions from a few years ago (like the FundCom),
>> so boldly edit/remove obsolete content.
>
> I don't believe these ever become onsolete, The wording still exists
> and will be helpful to whomever vists older historical pages and wants
> to look up the terms.
>
> If something must be done with them, Mark them as obsolete but
> defiantly don't remove them.

Yes, when I said "remove obsolete content", I meant "remove obsolete
definitions", not "remove historical terms".

For instance, "Officers" links to
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Official_positions , which aren't used
any more. So, "Officers" should still be there, and it should still
link to that page, but it should be clear that such positions aren't
held any more.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation