On 04.12.2012 18:20, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 04:52 AM, Daniel Kinzler wrote:
>> 4) just add another hook, similar to EditFilterMergedContent, but more
>> generic,
>> and call it in EditEntity (and perhaps also in EditPage!). If we want a spam
>> filter extension to work with non-text content, it will have to implement
>> that
>> new hook.
>
> I think that makes sense.  The spam filters will work best if they are
> aware of how wikidata works, and have access to the full JSON
> information of the change.

You really want the spam filter extensions to have internal knowledge of
Wikibase? That seems like a nasty cross-dependency, and goes directly against
the idea of modularization and separation of concerns...

We are running into the "glue code problem" here. We need code that knows about
the spam filters and about wikibase. Should it be in the spam filter, in
Wikibase, or in a separate, third extension? That would be cleanest, but a
hassle to maintain... Which way would you prefer?

-- daniel