On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Daniel Schwen <li...@schwen.de> wrote:

> What we rather need is monitoring for the instances. My bots have not been
> the problem, so far the source for unreliable bot operation has been the
> underlying infrastructure. Be it the moving of home dirs and the read-only
> fs or overloaded instances.

Are you subscribed to the labs-l list? We sent out a warning about the home
directory change and about what you'd need to do once we made it. We don't
like to reboot people's instances for them, so we left instances running
with a read-only home directory until they were ready to reboot.

If there are overloaded instances, create more and have less bots running
on a single instance. If your bot uses a lot of resources, then it can have
its own instance.

- Ryan