On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Yury Katkov <katkov.ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I'm searching the good sidebar extension for MediaWiki project, can
> anyone recommend something nice? I've tried SidebarEx, NavBlocks,
> CustomSidebar

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DynamicSidebar

Maintained by myself for use on labsconsole.

> Requirements:
>
> 1) Full MediaWiki markup support;

It supports the same level of markup as the normal sidebar.

> 2) show different content for different groups of users;

It handles this.

> 3) show different content for different categories. Or maybe using the
> sidebar calls inside the Templates that will then be invoked on the
> pages, creating sidebars that are speciafic for the given page;

It does not support sidebars specific to a given page. It would be
necessary to disable sidebar caching to do so.

Feel free to add this, but make it optional via a config option if you do
so.

> 4) nice appearance.

It looks and acts like the normal sidebar.

5) ideally live project that is supported by developers

I maintain it and am happy to take changes in Gerrit.

- Ryan