Thanks Chris & Zeljko. We have two more weeks booked now:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Weekly_goals

On 01/24/2013 09:30 AM, Chris McMahon wrote:
We in QA discussed some possibilities for the browser test automation
community activities, and we suggest that the first couple of community
events be educational.

Very good idea! Still, all the better if we can define actual contribution goals around those educational activities.

For instance:

In particular, we think it would be beneficial to
start with some introductory topics to be presented as a hangout+IRC
chat+documentation on the wiki.  Our suggestions for the first two events:

* how anyone can write an Test Scenario to be automated (and why this is
important!)

Booked for the week starting on Feb 11 as

Write your first Test Scenario in plain English

The educational approach is exactly how you expose it. The practice is to write one test scenario at the end of the week. We will give actual scenarios to volunteers asking for them and we will help them getting through.

At the end of the week we should have not only a group of people theoretically knowing how to write test scenarios in plain English, but also a real set of new descriptions ready to go for the next step.

* how to read, understand and analyze results in the Jenkins system we have
for browser automation

A good proposal, booked for the week starting on Mar 11. Please help defining what could be the practice, the actual contribution made by participants at the end of the week.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation