Στις 11-03-2013, ημέρα Δευ, και ώρα 05:35 -0500, ο/η wiki έγραψε:
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I think those sizes refer to the exported xml, e.g. 41.5GB is the English
> xml.bz2 expanded.
>
> I was curious as to how much extra disk space is needed (and consumed) after
> importing this English xml dump into MySQL, i.e. how much the database
> tables use.
>
>   - sam -
>
> Andre Klapper writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, 2013-03-09 at 02:16 -0600, wiki wrote:
> >> Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have in mind the English wikipedia dump.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_download says "The size
> > of the 3 January 2013 dump is approximately 9.0 GB compressed, 41.5 GB
> > uncompressed)."
> >
> > andre

Check the page at Meta which I recently updated, in particular the newly
minted FAQ:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Data_dumps/FAQ#How_big_are_the_en_wikipedia_dumps_uncompressed.3F

I can't give a good estimate of the space needed for MySQL though;
enabling compressed tables for the text table might help, or compressing
some of the text revisions and storing them with the mediawiki
compressed flag would surely make a difference.

We're only talking about the data, not the media files here.

Ariel