Le 24/09/13 23:56, C. Scott Ananian a écrit :
> Our core developers get a lot of patches to review.  Once something drops
> down past the first page in Gerrit, it's lost forever.

I have enough people asking me for review that I only rely on my Gerrit
dashboard.  So indeed, old patches are usually out of my view.

Last time I looked at the rotting changes in mediawiki/core, most of
them received some reviews and are pending actions from the original
author.  We should probably triage them and then either finish the code
or abandon it.

> Backing up here, I'm assuming that our focus is on fostering new
> developers.  Old hands know who to add as reviewers, and know to pester
> them if they don't get a review in a reasonable time.  I'm wondering if
> there's some way the bot can shepherd the review process a little further
> past the "add reviewers" stage.
>
> For example, can we identify "new contributors" -- those with less than N
> patches merged, say?  Have the bot target those for help with reviewers,
> and then maintain, say, a status board where we can keep an eye on those
> patches and make sure they make it through the process?

The OpenStack Foundation (they use Gerrit and a similar workflow of core
people approving changes), has build a review dashboard that assign a
score to changes:

  http://status.openstack.org/reviews/

Related code is on github:

 https://github.com/openstack-infra/reviewday#reviewday

The score algorithm is in reviewday/mergeprop.py [1]. As an example a
regression hotfix get a score of 350 while a minor feature get 35. As
the patch get older, it will receives additional points to bump it.

They then have all core people on a rolling one day duty where their
role is to approve changes, assign reviewers and ask them to do reviews.
That is tedious, but only for a day:

 https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Nova/ReviewDays

We can surely reuse reviewday for our own use, that will need some code
written to interact with Bugzilla to fetch the keywords/priority and
assign scores.

I am to busy to babysit such a project on a labs instance, but will be
more than happy to get the change merged upstream if need be (tip folks
are in #openstack-infra).

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/reviewday/blob/master/reviewday/mergeprop.py

--