On 20/01/14 08:26, Petr Bena wrote:
There is one more feature available on wm-bot.

First of all, that thing is smart enough to recognize who is irc
newbie and who is not. It is possible to direct this only to people
who are known to the bot (their cloak is trusted) so that it doesn't
bite the newbies, but rather "slap" the experienced who keep bad
habits. The bot is able to recognize what is a "question if they can
ask" and automatically tell the person to ask the question instead of
asking if they can ask, for example:

+1
That was precisely what I was going to propose: that the bot should recognise the original question and answer it itself. I don't think there's anything wrong in getting a bot inviting you to answer. And will be much nicer than having a human tell the bot to explain you that you can ask :)

Frankly, the reason to do !ask | foobar is basically to avoid looking up the appropiate template.