On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Bartosz Dziewoński <matma....@gmail.com>wrote:

> tl;dr Let's start putting all skins files in a single directory, and let's
> use a grown-up structure with one class per file + separate init code for
> them. Okay?

I wouldn't consider this change to be truly revolutionary. Would would
really be a great restructuring of the skinning system is if I could make a
skin by just writing a couple of HTML templates (probably using Gabriel's
DOM-based templating language), throw them in a directory and then tell
MediaWiki where the directory is.

However, staying on the topic that you brought up, I do agree with keeping
skins in a separate directory than extensions. It implies a bit of control
on our part concerning how skins need to be structured, whereas if they
were extensions, we cannot place any requirements on the structure.

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science