Hi everyone,

As many of you know (because you were here), we had the Wikimedia
Developer Summit 2016 last week.  It was wonderful to see so many of
you!  Rachel Farrand and Quim Gil ensured we had an excellent venue
and had a wonderful opportunity to work together, and the people here
had some great conversations.  Valerie Aurora taught us a lot about
how to run effective meetings, which greatly increased the quality of
the discussions.

The conversations we started here are just that: a start.  We covered
a lot of very important topics.  Given the time and expense of
bringing everyone to one place, it would be a shame if the
conversations we started ended up needing to start over.  Hence, it
was really important to have good notes, to make it easier to pick up
these conversations where we left off.

For many of the sessions, the notes made their way into the Phab task
associated with the meeting. The main WikiDev '16 landing page makes
it a bit easier to find the notes:
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/WikiDev16>

The session leaders were very motivated to make sure we got something
out of the conversations they led, so they will be clarifying the next
steps on their respective sessions.  It's certainly easier than it was
this time last week to find out what happened in each respective
session, but there's a lot of work to do. Please help us out!

Rachel sent out a survey to all of you who attended.  Please fill this
out!  It will help us figure out if we'd like to have another one like
this next year.

If you're interested in real time conversation about WikiDev '16,
either because you were there and want to follow up or you weren't
there and you want to learn what you missed, please attend the RFC
office hour in a few hours (Wednesday 22:00 UTC, 14:00 PST):
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E134>

Rob