On 21/06/16 23:16, Greg Grossmeier wrote:
== tl;dr ==
On June 29th git.wikimedia.org (running Gitblit) will redirect all
requests to Phabricator. The vast majority of requests will be correctly
redirected.

== What is happening? ==
In an effort to reduce the maintenance burden of redudant services we
will be removing git.wikimedia.org. The software that has been serving
git.wikimedia.org, Gitblit, has given our Operations team many headaches
over the years[0] and now that we have all repositories hosted in
Phabricator[1] there is no reason to keep Gitblit around. Phabricator's
Diffusion (the name of the code browser) provides the needed
functionality that Gitblit served (mostly viewing/browsing repositories,
something which Gerrit does not do).

I hear this with dismay. When I wanted to view the repository online in the past, I always ended up heading to git.wikimedia.org, since I was unable to *find* the repository at phabricator.
At most, phabricator showed a somewhat related diffusion commit.

Gitblit may not be the most suited software regarding technical stability, but diffusion is far from having an acceptable UI,
I'm afraid.

☹