On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 1:51 PM, James Forrester
<jforres...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Right now we have some features that require curl (it's probably the #2
> issue third parties have with installing VisualEditor, for instance, after
> mis-matched versions).

We discussed [the proposal to start requiring curl][2] at [this week's
IRC office hour][1], where we decided to deprecate running MediaWiki
without curl.  In particular, we agreed:

*  We still won't require curl, keeping existing non-curl codepath
*  We'll add a non-parallel MultiHttpClient fallback
*  Special:Version will let users know if the wiki is running without curl

Now we'd like to open this up for last call, and review any objections
discussed over the course of the week at [next week's ArchCom Planning
meeting][3].  Any objection to this plan?

Rob

[1]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E224
[2]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T137926
[3]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/E225